What is iAM Compliant doing about GDPR?
GDPR is one of the biggest topics of 2018. Affecting all UK businesses, and of course schools, the change to how we process personal data is set to change for the better. So, what have we done to ensure we are compliant ourselves?
What is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a law created by the European Union in order to protect personal data. From 25 May 2018, people will have more control and rights over the storage/usage of their data. It is something that all UK companies and establishments will now be expected to abide by.
GDPR affects many different areas of business and we are making sure that across marketing, customer, staff and product, we are fully compliant.
What are we doing to prepare for GDPR?
In order to comply with the new legislation involved in GDPR, we have performed certain actions to ensure your staff and school’s information is protected and secure. These include (but are not limited to):
- Appointing a Data Protection Officer for the company.
- Updating and/or creating new policies such as Privacy, Data Retention, Data Breaches and Email Retention.
- Limiting the amount of time data will be stored on our systems (post account closure).
- Performing an audit of the data we hold currently.
- Ensuring data can be transferred or permanently erased upon request.
- Acquiring appropriate consent for contact and marketing purposes.
- Ensuring all staff members have been trained in GDPR legislation.
All data within an iAM Compliant account can only be entered directly by a school staff member or by a member of our team under the instruction of a school.
Still unsure on GDPR?
If your school still needs to brush up on your GDPR knowledge, why not make use of our free micro-learning online training course?
Simply sign up for a FREE 30 day trial with our comprehensive premises compliance tool so you can access our library of over 75 courses. Training courses can be completed by all members of staff and iAM Compliant will retain a record of each so that your school can prove competency.
Prefer a demonstration of iAM Compliant first? Email firstname.lastname@example.org so a member of our team can show you around.